This tag was created by this lovely youtuber, and I love disney, so I’m swiping it :”D
1. A whole new world – Pick a book that made you see the world differently.
For this one, I’m going to pick Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. I think the reason this book affected me so much was because it was really my first exposure into Asian culture that wasn’t manga or anime. (I love the movie, too). I know it’s not 100% accurate in its memoir portrayal but it was still fascinating and opened up this whole new facet of reading for me. I tend to float towards Asian writers a lot now, particularly memoir. If you haven’t read or seen this, and are even a bit interested in a Japanese culture and history setting, go check it out.
2. Cruella De Vil – Pick your favorite villain.
Light from Death Note. Yes yes, I realize there’s the whole ‘anti-hero vs. villain’ thing for him, but personally, I see him as a villain. And a good one at that. If you have never read nor watched Death Note, here is a trailer. I beg you: Please watch or read it. Do it. DO IT.
Death Note has stuck with me since the first time I read it through – and I’ve done so probably three or four times now, enjoying even more each time. The anime is pretty damn good too, watched that twice. Go watch it. Go read it. Go something it. Please.
3. I won’t say I’m in love – Pick a book you didn’t want to admit you loved.
This one is a strange question. There’s really nothing I’ve read that I liked that I’m ashamed for liking. The closest thing I can think of is a manga series called Bitter Virgin. And honestly, it’s only because of the title and anyone overhearing out of context would be like ‘What what you be reading man!’ (btw, check that series out, it’s stellar)
4. Gaston – Pick a character that you couldn’t stand.
5. Part of your world – Pick a book set in a universe you wish you could live in.
6. A dream is a wish your heart makes – describe what the book of your dreams would be like
I feel like the perfect book for me would be the one I’ve had rolling around in my head for the past five years. The plot is almost fully developed, and I’ve tried writing it out before… I just can’t do it justice. Please somebody ready my brain and write it for me!
7. Someday my prince will come – What book character would you marry if you could
I’m going to be boring and say I haven’t crushed on a book character bad enough to want to marry him (or consider any of the ones I have crushed on stable to marry @@)
8. I see the light – Pick a book that changed your life.
I Choose You by Tracey West. This was the first book that I bought with my own money. And now I have hundreds. I blame it. (thank you, book)
9. When you wish upon a star – Pick a book you wish you could reread for the first time.
Harry Potter. I just want to get lost in the magic again. I miss it.
10. I just can’t wait to be king – Pick a book with some kind of monarchy in it.
For this one I choose Graceling by Kristin Cashore. This one kinda reminds me of a fairy tale, which is fitting for this tag. This book is about land where every so often, someone is born with what is called a grace. These graces can be anything – fantastic cooking skills, a beautiful singing voice, wonderful gardening skills, whatever.
The main character is graced with the skill of killing.
Go read this book.
11. Colors of the wind – Pick a book with a beautiful colorful cover.
I’m going with Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. I haven’t actually read this book yet, though it’s been on my shelf for over a year now. It’s just so damn pretty. And I love the movie – it’s in my top 10 of all time for sure. I don’t know why I haven’t read this yet. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.
And that’s the tag! Ace, do it. (and anyone else who wants to, do it)