I feel like this topic was chosen to entice us all into going on road trips this summer. Well, let me tell ya, gathering this list has given me a yearning for loud music and truck rest stops. I cannot wait until this summer.
Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey at gingerreadslainey on youtube, and here is where you can find the rest of the posters.
On to the books:
5. Rurouni Kenshin – This one doesn’t really involve travelling throughout the whole thing, considering it’s 28 volumes long, but somewhere around the volume 9 or 10 range, Kenshin has to travel across Japan and the reason I love this part so much is the whole slew of new characters that are introduced during that arc. I’ve stated why I love Kenshin so much a million times before, so if you tend to read my blog, then why haven’t you read it yet. Get on it, man.
4. Forest of Hands and Teeth – Again, travel is not the main part of this, but it is a large part. This book is a dystopian zombie book with large religious undertones. It’s really unsettling, I love it. Definitely one of the better zombie books I’ve read.
3. Saga – This one should be self explanatory. It’s called Saga. What is a saga if not a journey of some kind? :”D
2. Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Again, self explanatory.
1. Throne of Jade – This one probably comes across as a weird choice. This is the second book in the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik, which is a historical fantasy series set during the Napoleonic Wars and involves tactical battle on the backs of dragons. I’m not talking Eragon here. I mean, full teams along the back of one dragon, fighting in fleets with others. The aeronautic processes alone Noami writes about are amazing. I picked this book in particular as during it, they have to travel to China (hence the word ‘Jade’ in the title). If you’re looking for a cool book, I’d say definitely check this series out. It’s phenomenal.
Well there’s my list! And it occurs to me none of these books have a conventional road trip in them… oop. Well, whatevs. I still want to go on a road trip because of this list.