One day, I woke up and logged in and found I was nominated for three different awards rapid fire! @@ To say I was confused was an understatement (not unappreciative, mind you, but definitely confused). So after reading a bit about them, they seemed pretty cool 😀 And this award here is the last one I need to post about so here we go! (The other two award posts can be found here and here).
- Thank the person/people who nominated you with a link to their blog
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger/s who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other blogs who have less than or equal to 3000 followers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
11 Random Facts About Me…
It’s getting difficult to not repeat facts, haha. There’s only so much about me that’s not horrifically boring.
- My current ‘burnt out’ level from classes at the moment is horrendous. I need a nap.
- I don’t own a smart phone. I have a flippy phone.
- I write down plans and schedules for stuff meticulously all of the time. All day, every day. And when it comes time to do all the stuffs, I don’t remember the schedules exist and I just wing it. It’s probably a problem.
- When I was little, I hated vegetables. All of them. Now I love all of them. Except cauliflower. Cauliflower is nothing but inferior broccoli.
- Any children I have will have a weird upbringing. Between my nerdy interests and my SO’s nerdy interests… we would have an child obsessed with economics, cooking, painting nails, lord of the rings, space exploration, manga and X-Men.
- I recently bought myself a new car. A NEW one. It has a warranty and errthing. It’s so nice not having to worry about random stuff falling out the bottom of it on a daily basis.
- In the past month, I’ve already put almost 2000 miles on that car. Hooray, commuting student.
- My sock collection is spectacular. Jus’ sayin’
- I don’t live with my cats anymore. I think about them daily. More so than my family, honestly. Does that… make me a bad person? It probably does. KITTYS4LIFE.
- I adjust to really cold temperatures outside rather quickly but not chilly ones. Blizzard, -5 degrees Fahrenheit? Gimme a coat and a hat and I’m fine. Slightly windy and 50 degrees? I’m gonna shiver forever. Gonna be cold the rest of the damn day. Gonna need to crank of the heat in my car to full. Gonna pile on blankets. Gonna drink so much hot chocolate and coffee that it’ll run in my veins.
- I want a dog. So bad. (and I want to bring my cats to my place). But my apartment doesn’t allow pets. 😦 I miss kitties and potential doggy.
Questions From Ace…
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
When I decided I wanted to make a blog, I was already sort of moving over to the handle of ‘Embuhlee’ (like Emily, get it). And since it was a book blog, I wanted the rest of the title to have something to do with that. ‘liest’ is a German conjugate of the word for ‘to read’, so my blog names translates to ‘Embuhlee reads’.
- Have you always liked to read?
Since I was itty bitty.
- What are your thoughts on eBooks?
I haven’t actually read one yet. I have three or so on my kindle app on my tablet, but I haven’t gotten around to them yet. Will get back to you on this one.
- Favorite genre?
That’s hard. I tend to gravitate towards fantasy and sci-fi ish stuff, but really I’ll read anything that has a decent writing style.
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
A kitty. The idea of sleeping all day sounds good.
- Have you ever blogged about anything other than books?
I used to have a blog when I was a teenager of me experiencing teenagery things. Oh my gosh, I was such a whiner. It has since been discontinued.
- Favorite book series so far?
The Chaos Walking Trilogy pops into mind at the moment.
- Who is your favorite superhero?
I haven’t read many super hero comics, so I’m basing my favorite off the movies I’ve seen. So my answer is a tie between Iron Man and Black Widow.
- Cake or pie?
Pie. Cake has icing and icing=death.
- What are you currently reading?
Seconds by Bryan Lee O’Malley, Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, Game of Thrones(audio book) by George RR Martin, Life, the Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams and A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess.
- If you could swap bodies with a character and live as them through an entire book, who would it be, what book, and why?
Probably Hermione Granger in The Prisoner of Azkaban. A Time Turner would be so awesome.
Blogger’s I Nominate…
Like Ace said, most of the bloggers I know have already been nominated. I’ve been seeing their posts all over my thread. If you haven’t been, take this as a personal nomination to you. ;D (If you take this nomination and do it, let me know so I can read it!)
Otherwise, my friend just made a blog! So I nominate her. She hasn’t actually made a blog post yet, so hopefully this will be within the first few or so (HINT HINT MAI). Her blog is: returntofitra
My 11 Questions…
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What’s your favorite food?
- If you could live in any world, made up or otherwise, what would it be?
- What TV shows if any are you currently watching?
- What was your favorite class in high school/college/university/whatever?
- What’s the nerdiest thing you have in your room?
- If you had a day where you had no responsibilities or tasks to complete, how would you spend it? (assuming you had unlimited monies for activities, too)
- What’s your favorite restaurant? (This is the second time I’ve mentioned food. Can you tell I’m hungry?)
- What do you believe is your biggest achievement to date?
- What do you see yourself doing in five years?