It’s been a while since I’ve done a tag, and guess what. I was actually tagged this time. :”D By the lovely Panda, who is wonderful. Thank you Panda, I feel all special now. Also, Mean Girls I feel is one of the most quotable movies of all time. I love it. This is exciting :”D
1: It’s Pronounced Like “Cady”. – Which fictional characters’ names did you get completely wrong?
You all are going to laugh at me for this one. When I was reading Harry Potter for the first time when I was 9 or 10, the movies hadn’t come out yet. This was the first time I had ever encountered Hermione’s name either spoken or read. My brain, being my brain, read it “Hair-i-moan”. That little i being a short i sound. Hair-i-moan. Really. I knew the letters in the name didn’t match how I was pronouncing it, but I didn’t realize that or I didn’t care. That was how I said it until the movies came out and I could hear it. That, and Seamus’s name, which I had also never heard. I pronounced it like “See-mus”. 😛
2. She Doesn’t Even Go Here! – Pick a fictional character that you would like to place in another fictional character’s world.
This one I’m actually going to break out from books and head to television shows. I would place Cal Lightman from Lie to Me into BBC’s Sherlock so he can run around with Sherlock. I’m sure you know who Sherlock is, but if you’re unfamiliar with Cal Lightman, I seriously seriously suggest you watch Lie to Me. It’s on Netflix. Really. Just go watch the first episode. You won’t be able to stop after that.
So like I said, if you’re unfamiliar with Cal Lightman, he’s a consult that works with the police on various cases. He specializes in lie detection. Every twitch of your mouth, ever dilation of your pupil, every movement of your eyebrows, he sees it, and he uses it to detect if you’re lying or not. I feel that him in combination with Sherlock’s detective skills would create this awesome team. Or they’d be too similar and they’d try to kill each other. Because let’s face it – they’re both jerks. Either way, it would be entertaining to watch.
And because I can’t give up on Lie to Me yet, here’s the opening theme (totally watch it) and the first four minutes of the pilot episode (also totally watch it – if this show turns out being for you, this is all you’ll need to be hooked) Also now since writing this I’ve started re-watching it for the third time. Hush. :”D
3. On Wednesdays, We Wear Pink. – Repetition, repetition. Which book gave you déja vu of another book while reading it?
Divergent reminded me too much of The Hunger Games. I know the plots aren’t the same.. but they kind of are. It was just luck of the draw that I read The Hunger Games first, or I would probably be a Divergent fan instead.
4. You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and whores. – Which book gave you the complete opposite of girl power feels?
Nothing comes to mind at the moment, luckily. It seems I’ve hit that niche in my reading where most characters are well-developed and mostly not assholes. I know a good bit of books exist out there that scream 1950s or worse, but I haven’t encountered any. Yet.
5. You Go Glen Coco! – Name a character you felt like you wanted to cheer on whilst reading.
Mark Watney from The Martian. I recently read this one and absolutely loved it. I reviewed it too (spoiler-free) so if you haven’t read this book yet, check it out. :”D
6. Get in Loser, We’re Going Shopping! – How long do you typically spend at a book shop?
It depends on who I’m in there with. If I’m there by myself, probably about 30-45 minutes. If I’m with people that aren’t big readers, probably more like 15 minutes. If I’m in there with book lovers, definitely an hour or more. If any of you ever meet me in person, we’re going to the book store.
7. It’s Not My Fault You’re Like In Love With Me Or Something! – Which character would have to get out a restraining order on you, if they were real?
Honestly none. Even when I crush hard on people, I have enough self-control to keep it from getting creepy. Yay social skills. :”D
8. I Can’t Help It That I’m Popular. – Which over-hyped book were you cautious about reading?
Throne of Glass by Sara J Maas. I still haven’t read it. And honestly, it made it to my ‘Will never read list’, but recently I saw it at my library. The fact that I wouldn’t have to pay monies for it makes it more appealing. Maybe I’ll pick it up some day. Who knows.
9. She’s A Life Ruiner. She Ruins Peoples’ Lives. – We all love Regina George. Name a villain you just love to hate.
I’m going to copy Panda’s answer and say Umbridge from Harry Potter. She was the only one who I wanted to punch in the face.
10. I’m Not Like A Regular Mom, I’m A Cool Mom. – Your favourite fictional parents.
And for this one, I’m jumping out of books again and this time into movies. The parents from Easy A are fantastic. I want them. Here is a clip of them being hilarious (also non-spoilery for the rest of the movie)
11. That Is So Fetch! – Which book or series would you love to catch on?
I really want The Relic Master series by Catherine Fisher to get more recognition than it does. It’s so fantastic. It’s fantasy-scifi-wonderful. The world is so well developed. The cultures and the species have life breathed into them. I’ve never seen them talked about. READ THEM, PEOPLE.
12. How Do I Even Begin To Explain Regina George? – Describe your ideal character to read about.
This is a hard question. I just want to read about characters that are well-developed. I don’t care if they’re good or bad or whatever. As long as I feel like they could actually be a real person, I’m happy.
13. I Just Have A Lot Of Feelings. – What do you do when a book gives you a bad case of ‘the feels’?
Bawl like a little baby :”D
14. Nice Wig Janice, What’s It Made Of? – Your Mom’s Chest Hair! – Which character’s one liners would you love to claim for your own?
I can’t think of one. D: Help help, what are some good ones I can adopt?
15. Boo, You Whore. – Name a time a characters decision has made you roll your eyes.
Most of everything in Rumble by Ellen Hopkins. If you didn’t know, I detested this book. I wrote a review on it. There are spoilers in it, be warned. But uuugh, all of these characters just had me sighing and groaning and rolling my eyes and ugh. Buh.
So there’s the tag. I had a really fun time doing this one! 😀 And for this, I’m going to tag Ace, Analee and Shiviigoesrawr (also, what’s a nickname I can call you? Shivii? Is that alright? xD) If you’ve already done this tag, I’m not sorry for tagging you again. :”D Just link me to the post you made, bitte. If you haven’t done it, do it peer pressure.