Hello! I was nominated in an awardy today, so here it is! :”D It’s come from LouiseLovesBooks and I was nominated back on May 8th. So thank you for thinking of me and sorry it’s taken me so long to post!
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post
- Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided
- Nominate ten other bloggers (or up to 10)
- Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nominations
Louise’s Questions for Me:
What was the last book you read?
The last book I finished was Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb. Oh man oh man was it good.
What’s your favourite cartoon character, and why?
At the moment, I’d have to say Tina Belcher from Bob’s Burgers. I just… I relate to her on a spiritual level, okay. She is the personification of my teenage years.
What’s your pet peeve?
It’s a tie – body odor and chewing with your mouth open. Both are things that a person can control by having a bit of hygeine or self-awareness, but it’s incredible how often a person decides they’re okay with regularly having/doing one or the other. Really people. They’re icky.
Do you have a talent, and if so, what?
I can down five cups of coffee a day without having a heart attack. GO ME.
What is your favorite book genre?
Lately I’ve been exploring Sci-fi, so that’d be my current favorite. Overall though, probably fantasy.
If you could have an endless supply of food, what would it be?
Mozarella sticks. The amount of time I spend craving those damn delicious cheese cylinders would make a grown man cry.
What was the last book you’ DNF’d?
Had to look it up – honestly doesn’t happen too often. It was The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima. Why? I couldn’t get into it. I’m starting to think that urban fantasy might not be my thing.
How would you spend one million pounds/dollars?
Dollars for me. Well, let me just write you a to-do list and you can just assume I’d do these in order:
- Pay off student loans
- Pay off car loan
- Pay off credit card
- Pay off any outstanding debt my parents have
- Give a good chunk of it to my parents for retirement
- Give a good chunk of it to myself for retirement
- Go on a really nice vacation with my lovey – Hawaii, Italy, Japan.. somewhere neato.
- Put the rest of it in some kind of interest accruing savings account.
I feel like if I knew or understood how normally wealthy people dealt with money, this list would be a lot different. Who knows, maybe I’d do the last thing first and slowly do the rest with the interest. I have no clue.
Would you rather be invisible or be able to read minds?
I’d rather be invisible. I feel like reading minds would cause a lot of trouble for my personal relationships, especially if I couldn’t turn it on and off.
If you could live in any period of history, when would it be?
Right now, actually. Assuming I can’t go into the future, I’d rather stay at now. I feel like the farther back I’d go, the more likely it would be that I’d be uneducated, not respected, and not seen as anything except a bargaining chip. So now is good, thanks.
Ace (I know you’ve done this already, but DO IT AGAIN)
The Orang-utan Librarian (Same for you!)
Questions for you:
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever caught your pet doing? If you don’t have a pet, use a friend’s pet.
- Who is your role model?
- Create a list of goals, all involving cheese.
- Who’s your favorite actor/actress?
- If you could go into the past to stop/cause one event to happen, what would it be?
- What’s the subject you’re most knowledgeable about? Gimme a rundown.
- What’s your favorite day of the week, and what do you normally do that day?
- What tv show can you not stand?
- What’s your favorite scent?
- Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
Happy reading. :”D