Today is another post talking about the books that I’m considering using for each of the bingo squares in r/Fantasy’s 2018 Bingo Challenge, which I made a post about with all the details. If you’re participating, do let me know!
First Row Picks | Second Row Picks | Third Row Picks
Novel with fewer than 2500 Goodreads ratings. Hard Mode: Fewer than 500
- Sea of Ghosts by Alan Campbell (651)
- The Edge of the World by Kevin J Anderson (1329)
- The Emperor of Eight Islands by Lian Hearn (1561)
- The Obsidian Mirror by Catherine Fisher (1892)
Novel with a one word title. Hard Mode: Single syllable
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson
- Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
- Armada by Ernest Cline
Novel featuring God as a character. Hard Mode: God is a main protagonist. This one will be difficult. I’ve only got two contenders right now.
- Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson
- The Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson
Novel by an author writing under a pseudonym. Hard Mode: The author you read has published under more than one pseudonym. Super duper easy 😀
- Anything by Robin Hobb
Subgenre: Space Opera. Hard Mode: Protagonist is not military or space pirate.
- Space Opera by Catherynne Valente (Don’t actually own this yet)
- Caliban’s War by James S. A. Corey
And that’s it! The final bingo post is tomorrow!
One thought on “Fantasy Bingo 2018 – Fourth Row Picks”