Today I determine which reading goals I’ve achieved, which I’m on the track to, and which to call it quits on and abandon. I know I’m not doing terribly, but I’m not doing as well as I had hoped, either. Here goes nothin’.
At the beginning of this year, I made two posts, one entitled 2018 Reading Resolutions and the other called 10 in 2018. The first is exactly as it sounds, in addition to personal and blog goals as well. The second is a list of books I want to read this year. I’ll review my progress on both posts.
- Complete my Goodreads Challenge of 40 books – Complete!
Currently sitting at 43!
- Complete my 10 in 2018 list of books – In Progress
List will be shown below!
- Keep book buying low – no more than 6-8 books every three months – Kinda failed
I’ve been averaging about 10 books per three months, not 8. So not crazy, but a bit higher than I’ve wanted.
- Get my physical TBR down to 270 books – In Progress
I will liiiikely not achieve this one by the end of the year though, who am I kidding.
- Finish the r/Fantasy Book Bingo Challenge by Mar 31, 2018 – Complete!
Did it! I even won some books from it, too!
- Participate in the Beat the Backlist Challenge – Kinda failed
I really love the idea of this challenge, but I was a bit discouraged by how you can only submit so many books before it’ll only let you submit retail reviews you’ve written. So I kinda stopped participating in this one after I started consistently getting passed the allotted number of books it’ll let you put in.
- Post seasonal (not monthly) book hauls – In Progress
Good so far!
- Maintain a S-W-S posting schedule – In Progress
I’ve actually upped it to a S-T-W-S schedule recently.
- Keep my To Do list of pending tags under five items at any one time – In Progress
This one I actually doing need to do anymore. I changed the layout of my blog to automatically keep a list so I don’t have to.
- Write blabbers for at least 1/3 of the books I read – In Progress
I’m not sure what the ratio is off the top of my head, but I’m pretty sure I’m close.
- Exercise two times per week – In Progress
Was iffy there for a while but I’m solidly doing well on this now. 😀
- Log all meals in MyFitnessPal – In Progress
Same as above, I tend to fluctuate, but currently am doing pretty good.
- Make a wedding/honeymoon scrapbook – Not started
- Make a budget – Not started
- Start saving for a house – Not started
- Take care of my health as issues arise – In Progress
I’d like to say I’m totally on top of it, but I was also carted to the hospital in an ambulance a week and a half ago, so. But! Now I have an official diagnosis, so am ‘on top of it’ again, woo. MY HEART IS AN ASSHOLE
- Learn Python and R – Not started.
- Maintain a Duolingo streak – Kinda failed
I broke it, but have been meaning to pick it back up again. If I have a good streak going by Christmas I’ll consider this one a success
- Dragon Wing by Margaret Weis – Not started
- Caliban’s War by James S. A. Corey – Not started
- House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski – Complete
- Elantris by Brandon Sanderson – Complete
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas – Not started
- The Edge of the World by Kevin J Anderson – Not started
- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell – Not started
- The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O by Neal Stephenson and Nicole Galland – Not started
- The Grace of Kings by Ken Liu – In Progress
- The Blood Mirror by Brent Weeks – In Progress
Need to pick up the pace a bit me thinks.
And that’s it! How are you doing on your goals, if you set any? Happy reading!