IT’S NOT EVERY DAY YOUR YOUNG MAN TURNS ELEVEN, NOW IS IT?!
Happy bday Harry. This is what I read this month:
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku vols 1-2 by Fujita
This is my latest obsession. This series is fantastic. It follows two working adults, both rather nerdy, who decide to date each other, because they feel they’ll be able to understand each other’s obsessions better than people who aren’t as nerdy. It’s simple, it’s fluffy, it’s about adults instead of teenagers. I loved it.
I wrote a spoiler-free blabber on the series and I’m happily awaiting volume 3.
5/5 stars each
Wildest Dreams by Kristen Ashley
I did not like this one. At all. I thought it was poorly written, the characters were awful, the plot was… okay. It was just all around not a good time for me. I wrote a very spoilery rant-blabber on this one.
It follows a young woman from our world who pays a witch to transport her to a parallel universe, where she assumes the identity of another version of herself, a princess. And then all these
borderline abusive ‘romantic’ things happen and it’s super unhealthy ‘cute’. ._.
Empire of Ivory by Naomi Novik
Rereading this series is so much fun. This is the fourth book in Novik’s Temeraire series, and officially the point of no return: When I first read this series as a teenager, this is the last book I finished. I got part way through Victory of Eagles, but only about a hundred pages. So now that I’m listening to that one, I’m in all new content territory.
I love this series so much.
- July lasted for ages. I feel like we’ve been in this month for six years.
- I went to the Half Price Books Clearance Sale and got a butt-load of books. Soooo now I’m on a book buying ban, but that’ll be its own post.
Maybe that’s why July took so long – every day was full of stuff but nothing was really noteworthy, if that makes sense.
- Complete my Goodreads Challenge of 40 books: 43/40
- Complete my 10 in 2018 list of books: 2/10
- Keep book buying low (6-8 books/season):
- January-March purchases: 9
- April-June purchases: 12
- July-September purchases: I don’t wanna talk about it
- October-December purchases:
- Get my physical TBR down to 270 books: Need to recount
- Finish the r/Fantasy Book Bingo Challenge by Mar 31, 2019
- Participate in the Beat the Backlist Challenge: Discontinued
And that’s it! Happy reading! 😀