Hello! Happy Halloween! Currently I’m still in Disney, likely in Epcot as this post goes up. Tomorrow, November 1st, I’ll be going over to Universal to experience one of their fright nights! And Harry Potter world! I’m gonna get a Hagrid wand if I can, man.
Anyways, here’s all the books and stuff I read this month!
Gravitation vols 9-12 by Maki Murakami
I mentioned last month how I’d read the first eight volumes and they were sitting between 2.5 and 3 stars for me, and that I was hoping the ending of the series would get better.
It got better. But it got a lot worse before it turned around and redeemed itself a bit. The final volume saved it in my eyes, and even then, wasn’t a perfect ending. Volumes 9 – 11 were just chaos. All over the place. So overall, this series gets a 2.5/5 stars from me. This is the danger of rereading things you loved in high school, man.
The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins
Man, I loved this book. I buddy read it with Katy @BookBinderWay and we both really thought it was the bee’s knees. I wrote a full spoiler-free blabber on it, should you want to check it out. But overall, 5/5 stars from me, and it’s now one of my favorite books. Ugh it was just so great.
Monster vols 1-3 by Naoki Urasawa
I read this manga as part of Spookathon and I gotta say, I own the first four volumes, but I think the remaining 14 will make the short list of my ‘BUY IT NOW’ books when my ban is up. This series is amazing, and I love it. If you’re looking for a good thriller, this is the one.
- As mentioned, am in Disney. Will be going to Universal as well. I’ve never been to either and so far I’ve already spent too much money on souvenirs. It’s okay though. It’s just money right? RIGHT? D:
- Complete my Goodreads Challenge of 40 books: 74/40
- Complete my 10 in 2018 list of books: 3/10
- Keep book buying low (6-8 books/season):
- January-March purchases: 9
- April-June purchases: 12
- July-September purchases: I don’t wanna talk about it
- October-December purchases: 1
- Get my physical TBR down to 270 books: 290
- Finish the r/Fantasy Book Bingo Challenge by Mar 31, 2019
And that’s it! I hope you had a lovely reading month!