Happy New Year!
This year, I set quite a few challenges for myself, both reading and personal. I’ll go over the reading first, and then the personal at the end so you can back away if you’re not interested. Next year, I plan to do a similar thing with reading goals, but not so much with personal ones. I’ll get to that in a different post, though. But here! We’ll start with stats:
Reading by Genre:
- Nonfiction: 2
- Graphic novel/manga: 55 (wow)
- Fantasy: 23
- Sci-fi: 3
- Horror/thriller/contemporary: 5
Books DNF’d: 1
(As declared in my resolutions post last year)
- Complete my Goodreads Challenge of 40 books – Success!
- Complete my 10 in 2018 list of books – Failed (3/10)
- Keep book buying low – no more than 6-8 books every three months – Failed (More like 11ish)
- Get my physical TBR down to 270 books. It currently sits at 301. – Success!
- Finish the r/Fantasy Book Bingo Challenge by Mar 31, 2018 – Success!
- Participate in the Beat the Backlist Challenge – Failed (ending up quitting this one)
- Post seasonal (not monthly) book hauls – Success!
- Maintain a S-W-S posting schedule (with the occasional extra post if I’ve got neat things goin’ on) – Success!
- Keep my To Do list of pending tags under five items at any one time – Success!
- Update my T5W, Blabber and Tag lists monthly – Success!
- Write blabbers for at least 1/3 of the books I read – Failed (Haven’t written one since… I don’t even know, man)
So, looks like I did much better in keeping my blog goals than my book goals. The reading goal I found most important was the one where I wanted to decrease my physical TBR to 270. That one, I succeeded in, so woot. For the ‘reading books on the 10 in 2018’ list one, I actually wrote a post on that, going into a bit of blabbering on why I feel like this goal failed.
(As also detailed on the same resolutions post)
So, instead of listing all of the personal goals with a big, fat ‘fail’ next to them, I’m going to say: I failed literally all of them except one. The one I succeeded in was ‘take care of health issues as they arrive’. I’ve been very pro-active in my healthcare this year, getting checkups and whatnot, and tackling health issues as soon as I notice them. So yay, hopefully will live to old age so I can get nice and old and moldy.
But lolololol, totally failed everything else. I’ve noticed a pattern here, and it’ll be mentioned further in my 2019 goals post. Hehe I’m so bad at this.
And that is it! Tomorrow’s post will either be a Top 5 Wednesday post or my 2019 resolutions post (or both, if the topic lines up. The topic hasn’t been posted as of writing this, so right now I’m standing at the edge of the void, waaaaaiting).
I hope you had a good reading year! I can’t wait to see what the new reading goal color is on goodreads, heheh.