Happy Tuesday! ONLY FOUR MORE DAYS UNTIL I’M FREE FOR TWO WEEKS.
Today I’m gonna post some of my unpopular opinions about the Christmas season! I saw this idea on Chloe @ChloeMetzger‘s blog, and thought it was neato, so here I am doin’ it. Note some of these might not be actual unpopular opinions, but I’m saying them because I’ve personally gotten flack for them. So there. Pbtbt.
- It’s ok to listen to Christmas music on Thanksgiving
Really, a bit of Trans-Siberian while the turkey is in the oven can only be an improvement.
- Listening to Christmas music after Christmas is ok too
All the radio stations stop playing Christmas music around here in December 26th. I’m not done yet, man! I tend to keep listening until New Year’s or so
- It’s fun to go out on Black Friday
It really is. I don’t go out at 4am or whatever, but… it’s fun. It is, I love it, haha.
- Office Christmas Party is a good movie
It’s crude and gross, but man is it hilarious.
- You should be able to say whatever you want as a greeting, and not be surprised if the person says something different back
ie: “Merry, Christmas!” “Thanks, happy holidays!” = good, “Happy Holidays!” “Thanks, blessed Yule!” = good, “Merry Christmas!” “Thanks, blessed Yule!” = good, “Happy Hanukkah!” “Thanks! Happy Kwanzaa!” = good, “Happy Holidays!” “Thanks, Merry Christmas!” = good.
etc etc etc. whatever you wanna say. no need to throw a hissy. Just be nice to each other, augh.
- The month leading up to Christmas is better than Christmas itself
The anticipation! ❤
- Eggnog is disgusting
It smells like barf.
- Buying presents for other adults is stressful
I would love it if I could just buy for all the kids in the family and not worry about the adults. As an adult myself, I’m a-ok not receiving anything. Really. I can buy what I want myself, and go ‘Merry Christmas to me!’
- Gift cards are the ideal present
Because of the reasons stated above, that way I can just go get stuff myself, and then when I give a gift card I don’t have to worry about buying the wrong thing or the same thing as someone else bought.
And that’s it! Lemme know what you think of my opinions! Tell me yours!