Merry Christmas Eve! It’s finally here! All the gifts are wrapped, all the cookies are made, all the things are thinged.
I posted this tag last year (and probably the year before too) so it’s basically tradition at this point, I guess. Wasn’t tagged, as per usual. The tag was created by Sam @Sam’s Nonsense.
1) Christmas Eve morning: what is a book you wake up excited to read? one you anticipate reading or one you read in the past that you want to get back into?
At the moment, Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier. I’m buddy reading this with a pal of mine and we have just over a hundred pages left and honestly I kinda wanna stop writing this and go read that instead. No offense, blog.
2) Christmas Eve breakfast: what are your favorite treats during the holiday season?
Lately I’ve been munching on all the cookies that Meredith @Allboutthembooksandstuff sent me. It’s been a tradition since probably 2012, that we send each other cookies every year! This year I made out, man. Everything is delicious!
3) Family Time: What is a book that fills you with happiness and love? the warm fuzzies in general?
Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya, both for content reasons and for nostalgic ones. I first read this series my sophomore year of high school, so it reminds me of all the friends I had then (some of them I still have!). Basically we all were in a group, and all of us owned different manga, and when we wanted to read a series, we just went through the grapevine to see if anyone in the group owned in (there were a lot of us) and it would make its way to you, whether you actually knew the person who owned it or not. Like I said, there were a lot, so sometimes someone would lend you the series by giving it to a friend, who’d drop it off to another, who’d drop it off to another, who’d give it to you, and you wouldn’t actually meet the person until you found them to give the books back. It was a huge trust system obviously, but it usually worked out pretty well.
4) Christmas Carols: What are your favorite Christmas Carols or holiday songs?
Each and every rendition of Carol of the Bells. Every. One.
5) Anticipation: What is a book release you are very much anticipating?
O Maidens vol 5, which is technically already out, but I just haven’t picked it up yet. But it’s the last of my 2019 anticipated releases, and I’m pumped about it.
6) You hear sleigh bells on the roof and are so excited you can’t sleep!: What is a book that kept you up all night?
Most recently, Wild Ones by Kikyo Fujiwara – It’s a shojo romance about a girl who goes to live with her grandfather after her mother dies, only to find out that he’s a yakuza boss. It’s cute, it’s sweet, it’s funny, and it is definitely addicting.
7) It’s Christmas morning, and Santa has come!: What is a book on your wishlist that you hope to unwrap?
I made an entire post the other day on books I hope Santa brings! So literally any of those would be great. But out of all of them, the one I think I want the most is Jade City by Fonda Lee.
And that’s it! Tomorrow, I’m giving myself a break because, well, it’s Christmas. But starting the 26th, all my ‘end of the year’ type posts will start coming out, and will continue to do so through the first week of January or so.
So Merry Christmas everyone! Happy holidays! Happy bank-holiday-where-you-can-(hopefully)-get-the-day-off!
2 thoughts on “The Christmas Eve Book Tag!”