I’m telling ya, all the days are blending together. I feel like I just wrote week one’s post yesterday and it’s already been another seven days. Where has my mind been.
- Create a second draft of Basil – In Progress
- Rename Basil to an actual title – Complete
- Revise for a total of 30 hours – In Progress
This week wasn’t great for writing. I’m sitting at 14.75 hours as of writing this (Friday night) when I should be around 17. The quarantine mentality is setting in and I’m afraid it’s really killing my motivation.
But while I’m being hours-wise, I did meet some milestones:
- I finished reading and leaving notes on my original draft of my 2018 project
- I did some world building surrounding areas that I found lacking
- I started actually writing the second draft
- I moved my original prologue. It’s going to be in either book two or three, haven’t decided.
- I wrote a brand new, original prologue for this book.
As we speak, I’m in the middle of writing chapter one. Seventeen days into this, I’m realizing I’m not going to finish draft two, not by a long shot. But, I do plan on getting a good chunk of it, and if I have the motivation I’ll continue it into May, but if I decide I need a break, I’ll pick it up again in July during the next Camp Nano.
And that’s it for this week! If you’re doing Nano, lemme know how you’re doing!