Hi! A tag today! I wasn’t tagged but I found the thing here!
1. What is the longest amount of time you can comfortably go without picking up a book?
Honestly, months. It hasn’t happened in years though, that I’ve gone that long without reading.
2. How many books do you carry on your person (physical or device) at any one time?
Usually just one. I read more than one at once, but I tend to only have one on me.
3. Do you keep every book you buy/receive or are you happy to pass them on to make space for more?
I purge like crazy. I keep a book if I either really liked it or if it’s something I can’t stop thinking about, even if I disliked it. Otherwise I get rid of ones I disliked and don’t care about, or ones I haven’t read but lost all interest in.
4. How long would you spend in a bookshop on a standard visit?
Assuming I don’t know what I want ahead of time, anywhere between 30 minutes and 2 hours
5. How much time per day do you actually spend reading?
Between 0 minutes and 12 hours, depending on the day. During the work week maybe about a half hour a day? On the weekends I can get in a lot more.
6. Where does the task “picking up a book” appear on your daily to-do list?
It doesn’t. It’s not a task. If it was I wouldn’t enjoy it as much.
7. How many books do you reckon you own in total (include ebooks)?
Over 1000. With ebooks though I’m not sure of the exact number. It might add 20 or 30.
8. Approximately how often do you bring up books in conversation?
It depends on who I’m talking to! If it’s a friend I know reads, a lot. If it’s not, I don’t.
9. What is the biggest book (page count) you have finished reading?
According to Goodreads, A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin, coming in at 1179 pages. This one took me a bit.
10. Is there a book you had to get your hands on against all odds (searched bookstore, online digging, stalked author, etc.)?
Fruits Basket vol 23 by Natsuki Takaya. It’s the final volume in the series and out of print. When the anime was rebooted, the manga went from hard to find to downright impossible. I found this one though. I paid four times list price for it, but I did find it.
Four times might sound like a lot, but now the price has shot up way more. So I’m glad I bought it when I did.
Also wtf, who thinks it’s ok to stalk an author?
11. Is there a book you struggled to finish because you refused to DNF?
Black Leopard, Red Wolf by Marlon James. It was not a book for me, but I finished it. It even sparked a discussion post on DNF-ing books. I was so torn.
12. What are 3 (some) of your main book goals for 2020 or 2021 (if you’ve started planning)?
For 2021, read at least 40 novels and as many manga as I can manage (I’ll probably set my Goodreads goal to 100 total), knock my physical fiction TBR down to 170, and knock my manga TBR down by 50 (I have no idea what it’s at now).
13. Have you ever had the privilege of converting someone into a reader (by inspiration or your incessant nagging)?
I’ve gotten non-readers to read books, but didn’t fully convert them, no.
14. Describe what books mean to you in FIVE words.
They keep me pretty entertained.
And that’s it! If you’d like to do this tag, consider yourself tagged!
4 thoughts on “The book addiction tag!”
Tag me! Tag me!
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re tagged! Do it!
Like you, I don’t see reading as a task, it’s a pleasure.📚
LikeLiked by 1 person