It’s a new year! New year means new goals!
My goals this year are going to be similar to last year’s, with a few modifications and additions. I nailed last year’s goals, so I’m confident I can do this year’s as well!
- Read 100 books – I set this goal about four months into the year last year. Originally it was 50 but with my manga reading I shot past that real quick. So I’m just going with 100 right off the bat this time.
- Reduce physical fiction tbr to 185 – My goal in 2020 was 200, which I hit. So this year I want to knock it down more. My ultimate goal is about 20-25 books, but that’s obviously a few years off still.
- Reduce manga tbr to 50 – This is the first time I’ve had a goal for manga. This past year I’ve read a ton of it but honestly I bought more than I read. So I’d like to knock it down to 50. As of today, not including Christmas gifts (which is about 5 volumes) my manga tbr sits at 156. So I gotta read 100 volumes to get it that low. I can totally do it, I read manga like nobody’s business.
- Maintain blog schedule – This is an adjustment from last year in that I’m changing how often I post. In 2020, I started with three posts to week and actually increased to four. Blogmas is obviously its own thing, but otherwise, I was really feeling it after a while, posting four times per week. Honestly I spent more time on my blog than I did on reading, which kinda defeats the purpose. So for 2021, I want to post twice a week, except for special occasions.
- Finish my 10 in 2021 list – I’ve made a list like this every year since 2015, but I’ve never completed one. The books I picked this year are really exciting, and a lot of them I have buddy reads lined up for, so I think (I hope) it’ll go well.
And that’s it for reading goals. I set some personal goals too this year, which is the first time I’ve done so in about three years. I don’t think I’m going to post them here though. I did write them down in my journal, so I hope to keep that updated every month.
Wish me luck, everyone! Lemme know what your goals are.