With this post I am officially back on track for Blogmas! It is another baby-related post so if that’s not your jam, run away! Book ones resume tomorrow.
So this is a typical 24-hour schedule with me and my now one month old baby. The schedule differs a bit depending on if it’s a week day or a weekend, but not by too much. I’ll start at midnight:
- 12am – hopefully sleeping
- 2-3am-ish – Baby wakes up. Change diaper, feeding, rocking back to sleep.
- On the weekend my husband does this. During the week I do. I’m still off work while he isn’t so I have more chances to sleep throughout the day if needed.
- 3-4am-ish – Hopefully back to sleep.
- 6-7am-ish – Baby wakes up. Change diaper, feeding, rocking back to sleep.
- I do this one no matter what day of the week it is.
- 7-8amish – Hopefully back to sleep.
- 9am – Alarm goes off to take medication. Hopefully back to sleep after this.
- 10-11am-sh – Baby wakes up. Change diaper, feeding. Play with him a bit, back to sleep, this time downstairs in the living room.
- During the week I do this as my husband is working. On the weekend, we split it. One of us changes and the other feeds. This will be true for the rest of the daytime feedings until the 8pmish one.
- 11am-12pm-ish – Hopefully baby sleeps. If he was fussy the night before and didn’t sleep much, I also sleep. If not, I get breakfast and make some coffee. I also hang out with the cat while she eats lunch. Shower.
- 12-2pm-ish – Lately I’ve been putting on a Christmas movie. I tend to write my blog post during this time too. Also the typical farting around on youtube and tiktok and all the dumb places.
- 1-3pm-ish – Baby wakes. Changing, tummy time, feeding, playing, rocking for a while.
- 2-4pm-ish – Hopefully he goes back to sleep.
- 3-5pm-ish – Read a book, get dinner ready or prep it at least. Maybe do some laundry or cleaning.
- 5-6pm-ish – Baby wakes. Changing, tummy time, feeding. If it’s Wednesday or Sunday, bath time before the feeding.
- 6-7pm-ish – Hopefully baby goes back to sleep.
- 7-9pm-ish – Eat dinner if baby woke up during dinner, spend time with husband, read, wash all the bottles dirtied during the day, prep them for the night routine.
- 8-9pm-ish – Baby wakes. Changing, tummy time, feeding. Rocking back to sleep.
- If it’s a week night, my husband does this one so I can wind down in prep for overnight feedings.
- 9-10pm-ish – Hopefully baby goes back to sleep. If it’s a week night I often try to sleep at this time too.
- 10pm-12am-ish – Baby wakes. Changing, feeding, rocking back to sleep.
- If it’s a week night, my husband does this one so I can sleep in prep for the overnight feedings.
All the above is typically what we do, but sometimes he doesn’t go back to sleep. That’s why I say ‘hopefully’ so much. If that’s the case, we’ll feed him again two hours after the initial feed and then try to get him to sleep again. If that happens, the rest of the schedule is shifted by an hour.
And this has been my life for like a month now, and I expect it to stay that way until I go back to work at the end of January. Then I’ll have a whole new routine to get used to. Wish me luck.
Book posts resume tomorrow, thank you for letting me yak about my spawn. 😀