I’ve mentioned the ’12 recommendations’ books a couple times now in the last weeks, so this is the official post on it.
Basically there’s this meme going around in Instagram where you have 12 friends recommend you twelve books, and then you read one per month during 2022. So I’ve decided to do it! I posted the empty template on my IG and asked for recs, and these are the twelve I received:
- The Curse of Chalion by Lois McMaster Bujold
- The Lightning Struck Heart by T. J. Klune
- Hail Mary by Andy Weir
- Dragonsbane by Barbara Hambly
- 86 by Motoki Yoshihara
- The City of Brass by S. A. Chakraborty
- Bitter Greens by Katy Forsyth
- Shades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette Kowl
- Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
- Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
- Green Rider by Kristin Britain
- The Song of Achilles Madeline Miller
So, a wide range of genres. Romance, fantasy, manga, historical, westerns, yada yada. My first read from this list is Lonesome Dove, recommended by my mother. So far I’m digging it. So I’m hoping to get through this list this year. Wish me luck!