Well hi! In February I read fewer books than in January, but they were all chunkers, so it makes sense.
I buddy read Malice with some irl friends and out of the three of us, I think I’m the only one who actually liked the book. Though to be fair, I was hate reading it for a while. It did redeem itself though in my opinion. I will be continuing on with the series. I don’t know if my buddies will, though. – 4 stars
Another buddy read with an irl friend! This one is the second book in the series, and I think I liked it a bit less than the first. I feel like it the plot was pretty stagnant, which was its downfall. I do plan on picking up the third one in hopes that something actually happens, but we’ll see. – 3.75 stars
This was a reread for me, and this time around I picked it up on audio book. The first time I read it back when it came out, I think I gave it a 4 star. This time, an easy 5. I don’t know if I just wasn’t paying attention originally or what, but this book is definitely awesome. I read this in prep for The Dragon Republic, which is one of my 10 in 2022 books. – 5 stars
Another buddy read! This time with Katy @bookbinderway – kinda. She ended up reading the book over one weekend whereas it took me the whole month. This book was the second in my 12 friend rec books, recommended to me by an irl friend. I ended up rather liking this – the humor was spot on for my tastes. The beginning dragged though, and the ending was a bit rushed I think. But the middle was solidly good. – 4 stars
And that’s it – no manga this month. Just the four books.
- Read a total of 80 books – 15/80
- 35 novels/books – 8/35
- 45 manga/graphic novels – 7/35
- Complete my 10 in 2022 list – 1/10
- Complete the 12 Friend Recommendations Challenge – 2/12
- Reduce physical fiction TBR to 115 (started at 157) – 158
- Reduce physical manga TBR to 100 (started at 146) – 140
- I’ve been back to work now from maternity leave for a month and I kinda hate it. Not my job, I like my job, I just hate that I can’t just be around my kid all the time.
- I’ve fallen in love with jigsaw puzzles. I’ve buzzed through a ton of them this month and the itch to get more is strong, man.
And that’s it! Until next time!