Happy Sunday! Today, a recipe!
I’m putting the recipe at the top and my life story at the bottom. 😛 The only thing I want to point out is that while I’m listing the full recipe, the pictures accompanying are from a half-batch. So if you make it, yours will be twice as big as mine.
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 9 oz bread, cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash of yellow mustard
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 lb breakfast meat, crumbled/cubed/etc
- Can be bacon, sausage, ham, whatever you want.
- Can also use mushrooms instead for veggie option
- Mix everything into a bowl until it’s nice and homogenous
- Put into a sprayed pan (the half batch fits into a 9×9 so adjust accordingly)
- Place into a 350F pre-heated oven for 30 to 40 min (the half batch took 30, so the full will likely take closer to 40)
When you first pour it into the pan, it should be about as thick as the mixture on the left. It’s done when it looks like the picture on the right! It should be cooked and fluffy, with a tinge of browning on the top.
The Life Story
See I told you I’d put it at the bottom.
I’ve had this meal for breakfast on Christmas and Easter every year since I could eat solid food as a baby. We always have it at my grandmother’s. This past Easter, since we were all at home, I made it myself for the first time. That’s what the pictures are from. I made the half batch because I was just cooking for two. At my grandmother’s there’s usually five or six pans of the stuff with different meats in them.
This year for Christmas, we’re again staying home, just like Easter, so I’m gonna make my own again. Hopefully next year I can have this with everyone else. If you decide to try it out, let me know what you think.