Hello, a tag today! I saw this tag on Natalia Leigh’s youtube channel and thought it was neato, so here we are.
- How many times have you participated in Nanowrimo?
My profile says every year since 2011, but I definitively remembering participating as early as 2008. I don’t think there’s been a year between now and then that I haven’t participated. So… officially this’ll be 8, but I’m pretty sure it’s more like 11.
- Are you a pantser or a planner?
My nature is pantser, but that hasn’t worked out for me super well lately, so this year I’m trying to be a planner.
- What are the titles of the projects that you have attempted/completed for past Nanos?
- 2008-2010, I don’t remember, because hey, the website didn’t record it.
- 2011: Terminus
- 2012: Basil
- 2013: Animal Research
- 2014: Gambit
- 2015: Untitled
- 2016: Basil (version 2)
- 2017: Vial of Earth (which… is basically Basil version 3)
- 2018 Basil (version 3) (…version 4)
- What are you working on for this year?
While technically it’s the fourth version of Basil, it’s called version 3 because one year I actually came up with a title. It’s a fantasy about a lighthouse keeper and a pirate who is based off my old behavioral stats professor.
- What is one tip you’d give to someone else participating in Nano?
A good temperature is good. If you’re in a cold room, put on a blanket. Or if you’re in a hot room, run around in your skivvies. Be comfortable before you try to concentrate.
- What was the inspiration for this novel? Do you remember when inspiration hit?
A song by Sonata Arctica called White Pearl, Black Oceans. I’ve adapted the main character and bits and pieces of the events of the song into my character’s backstory, but at this point the plot has gone so much more beyond that. As for when it hit, back in 2011. It’s been in my head since.
- Read us the first sentence from your Nano novel last year?
“When the juggler dropped the Earth, everyone felt it. ”
- What do you plan to do with your manuscript after Nano?
Assuming it’s actually viable, edit it. But it’ll likely just sit on my comp like all the other ones have.
- Are you prepared for Nano? Are you nervous?
Nervous, no. Prepared? …At the time of writing this (the 18th) no. Hopefully by the time it posts, I will be. Fingers crossed peeps.
I tag Sarah @WindsorWrites! Show me your stuff! Also anyone else who is nanoing and needs distracting from that plot they should be outlining.