Hello, happy March 31st! Today would have been Charlie’s birthday. He was a sweetie.
On a happier note I actually did get some reading done this month, which is neat.
Prince’s Gambit and King’s Rising by C. S. Pacat
These baby books got me out of my reading slump! I’m still not up to my normal pace but I’m getting there! I loved this series. I’m fully aware it deals with problematic topics but occasionally, when written write, I’m totally trash for it. Don’t ask me why, I know it’s awful. But seriously I loved these, they were great.
Both 5/5 stars
Elantris by Brandon Sanderson
This was my first dip into Sanderson’s work and I rather enjoyed it. I did have a few issues with it though, as detailed further in my blabber on the graphic audio.
Herding Cats by Sarah Anderson
This is my latest purchase, just came out a few days ago. I had to pick it up after enjoying Adulthood is a Myth and Big Mushy Happy Lump by Anderson as well. I liked it just as much as its predecessors. 😀
My cat passed away on the 26th. He would have been 13 years old today. His name was Charlie and he was the sweetest pea. He loved everyone ever. He would have liked you, too. I’m going to miss him.
I saw Black Panther, Annihilation, and Game Night. I really enjoyed all three of them, but honestly I still have no idea what to make of Annihilation though. I liked it but it was totally weird.
Toys R Us is closing in the US. So I went out and bought Zelda Monopoly at a discount price. hoo-ha
- Complete my Goodreads Challenge of 40 books: 7/40
- Complete my 10 in 2018 list of books: 1/10
- Keep book buying low (6-8 books/season):
- January-March purchases: 9
- April-June purchases: 1
- July-September purchases:
- October-December purchases:
- Get my physical TBR down to 270 books: 310
- Finish the r/Fantasy Book Bingo Challenge by Mar 31, 2018
As the card is due today, this is it! I didn’t fill out the card completely but I got three bingos!!
For anyone interested, the new bingo challenge begins tomorrow April 1st, on the r/Fantasy subreddit! You can even join a bit late if you want to!
- Participate in the Beat the Backlist Challenge
- Post seasonal (not monthly) book hauls
Winter book haul posted! Spring will be done at the end of June!
- Maintain a S-W-S posting schedule (with the occasional extra post if I’ve got neat things goin’ on)
I fell into a slump in February. In March I’ve been slowly getting back to it but I’m not there yet!
- Keep my To Do list of pending tags under five items at any one time
Currently it’s at zero! Caught up!
Not done! :”D I’ll do it soon though.
- Write blabbers for at least 1/3 of the books I read
3 out of the 7 books I’ve read so far have gotten blabbers!
- Exercise two times per week
Haven’t maintained this one. I think I need to find something I consider fun to do!
- Log all meals in MyFitnessPal
Mostly doing this one. I’ve missed the last couple days though
- Make a wedding/honeymoon scrapbook
Haven’t even started, homes.
- Make a budget
- Start saving for a house
- Take care of my health as issues arise
- Learn Python and R
- Maintain a Duolingo streak
Lol I broke it. I think I’m going to drop this goal as of next month if I don’t start up again.
And that’s it! Happy reading!