Tag #2, hoo-ha.
This one was originally created by About to Read on youtube. I was not tagged, but whatevs. I’m gonna do it anyways (as usual).
So here we go!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I feel like I have this problem. My TBR pile is astronomical. What I do is pretend I’m in a bookstore (lame I realize) and look through the books like they’re brand new to me, not like they’ve been sitting on my shelf for two years or more. It lets me get re-excited about them. And then from there, I just go with whatever sounds most appealing (ie: What I would ‘buy’ at that time had they all been new)
This sometimes backfires though because I’ll ‘rebuy’ multiple books during this process, making a mini-tbr pile inside my big one. It’s all goofy.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
It depends on the book. If I hate it, I’ll quit. If I’m even somewhat invested in something or other, I’ll try to keep going. I have this thing that if I’ve spent money on a book, I’m going to read it, dammit. It’s a lot easier to give up on library books or borrowed ones. I don’t lose out on money that way. That’s probably a terrible code to go by, but whatever.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I get super hyped about it… for a bit. But then the internet distracts me. Honestly that’s probably the biggest challenge to me reading. The internet. Ugh. Most of the time I can finish, because my goals are never huge, but when I need to rush at the end, the internet is my hindrance because I have no self-discipline.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Nobody really. If I don’t like a book, I tend to not talk about it period unless directly asked my opinion. (I tend to do that with a lot of issues, books aside). If I feel particularly vindictive about a book one day, I’m sure I could find people on the internet to revel in my hate with me. :”D
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
If it’s the the point where I can feel the tears coming, I probably won’t be able to stop myself from crying in time, so I just close the book and turn away from as many people as possible while rubbing my face vigorously with my sleeve until it’s all red so nobody can tell it’s just my eyes that are red. That’s not weird, right.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
Re-read it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
“I’d really rather not. I’ve had too many books to missing or get destroyed. Nothing personal, promise”. I use that a lot. Most people don’t get butthurt over it, (but then again, I only use it on certain books. I’m usually good with lending books, but I require them to sign a paper saying they have it. THAT is how I’ve lost so many books. I couldn’t remember who they went to. :P)
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Either Harry Potter, Rurouni Kenshin or Inuyasha. They always pull me in.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Honestly probably none. I’m too super broke. I’ll just pine for them over the internet until Christmas or my birthday or something like that.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
It depends on how many I get at once and how many I’m already reading, on the rare occasion I get books. If I just get one, I’ll probably read it very quickly. But if I get a lot at once or am already reading a lot of books, I won’t get to it for a while. I feel like I’m telling my already-reading books “Buh I like book more than you, it’s specialer” and I don’t want to hurt my books’ imaginary feelings, soo…
That’s the tag! :”D